Jungle safari is something which intrigues every people who loves to travel. The wild nature of jungle is truly mesmerizing at times. In India, there are several national parks which have world recognition and are visited by many tourists around the globe throughout the year. Opaque mangroves, meandering water channels, gorgeous wildlife and surreal setting, this is what Bhitarkanika National Park is!
Bhitarakanika National Park is the second largest mangrove ecosystem after the Sunderbans. It’s located in the estuaries where the rivers Brahmani and Baitarani meet. This is the habitat of the endangered salt water crocodile. There are a variety of birds, dear, monitor lizards too sighted here. In early winter a large number migratory birds visit this place
Bhitarkanika National Park
Bhitarkanika national park is one of the most popular national parks in the country. The land consists of lush green scenic beauty and there are several kinds of migratory birds which come almost throughout the year and with that, the park is also famous for turtles and crocodiles. One can get the feel of the wild jungle after visiting this national park. Not just for tourist but this park attracts many wildlife lovers, researchers and different kinds of people who all have a good connect with nature.
Not just animals but it is also a habitat of mangrove forest located at kendrapara district of Orissa. There are several animals that one can find in this national park. Once you visit the jungle of Bhitarnakina then there is no way to dislike it. The atmosphere of the jungle will definitely win your hearts.
Notified as a wildlife sanctuary in 1975 and further a national park in 1998, Bhitarkanika National Park is placed in the district of Kendrapara in the state of Odisha. Sprawls over 672 sq km of area, Bhitarkanika is a completed package of nature and wildlife. Bhitarkanika is one of the few national parks in India that give a chance to explore a wildlife through a boat top rides, just like those in Sundarbans.
How to Reach Bhitarkanika
It is very easy to reach for people coming from any direction. People from all over the country visit this place as the means of transport is very easy and affordable for all. One can reach this jungle by three basic means of transportation
- From Bhubaneswar- It takes 160 km to reach from the capital city of Bhubaneswar.
- From Cuttack- The distance covered is 140 km.
- The place is also quite near from Bhadrak. Both bus and cars are available on this route.
This is the most common means of transport that millions of Indians prefer. The nearest railway stations are Bhadrak, Cuttack, and Bhubaneswar
From Bhubaneswar airport, one can get direct transport to reach the destination.
- Even though it’s a national park like the rest but still Bhitarkania is a must visit for every travelers. The most obvious reason to visit this place is the climate. As it is near to Bay of Bengal therefore the climate differs at very season but throughout it remains comfortable. People can enjoy the safari.
- Great arrangement for accommodation- Staying in a jungle is truly a mesmerizing activity. There is indeed a great arrangement for accommodation inside the jungle for tourist. The resorts are well maintained for the people and even food that is served is also quite good.
- One can discover a mini Amazon inside the forest. It has got such wonderful scenery that one think of it as Amazon rain forest.
- There is boat cruising. Tourist can hire boats and go around the entire jungle. The ride is seemingly alluring.
Flora And Fauna of Bhitarkanika
The jungle is a homeland for several kinds of species. It has got saltwater crocodile, wild pigs, Cobra and several other kinds of animals. One can get to see the entire animal kingdom once you visit the most attractive national park of the country.
Bhitarkanika National Park International Recognition
The jungle is recognized by UNESCO as a wetland of international importance. It has also been declared as a ramsar site in the year 2002.
Jungle safari is truly mesmerizing if you love the windless in the ambiance. A visit to Bhitarkanika is definitely a treat to your eyes and surely will develop an eternal love for wild. One can visit this place at any time of the year but is preferred during the winter season for the best weather. Come and explore the most beautiful national park of the country Bhitarkanika national park.