Inspirational Quotes for Small Business from Ray Kroc
Ray Kroc was the mastermind behind the worldwide McDonald’s fast food franchise. He bought the fledgling restaurant chain in 1955 and grew it into the largest, most influential fast food chain in the world.
Until 52, sold paper cups and milkshake mixers. Eventually became the founder of McDonald’s and built it into the most successful fast food chain in the world.
Quotable Quotes From Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald’s Fast Food Franchises, About Building a Brand:
1. If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours
3. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.
4. “The more you give of yourself, the more you receive”
5. “I believe that if you hire a man to do a job, you ought to get out of the way and let him do it. If you doubt his ability, you shouldn’t have hired him in the first place”
6. “There are things money can’t buy and hard work can’t win. One of them is happiness”
7. “Adversity can strengthen you if you have the will to grind it out”
8. “Take calculated risks. Act boldly and thoughtfully. Be an agile company”
9. “I was an overnight success all right, but 30 years is a long, long night.”
10. “If you believe in it and if you believe in it hard , it is impossible to fail”
11. “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business”
12. “Hard work without talent is a shame but talent without hard work is tragedy”
13. “If I had a brick for every time I’ve repeated the phrase Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value, I think I’d probably be able to bridge the Atlantic Ocean with them”
14. “As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot”
15. “Its easy to have principles when you’re rich. The important thing is to have principles when you’re poor”
16. “None of us is as good as all of us”
17. “Happiness is not a tangible thing, it’s a byproduct – a byproduct of achievement”
18. “Transfer your fears into faith and you will inherit the freedom of future”
19. “Where is no risk , there is no achievement and where there is no achievement there is no real happiness”
20. “Perfection is very difficult to achieve, and perfection was what I wanted in McDonald’s. Everything else was secondary for me”
21. “I was never much of a reader when I was a boy. Books bored me. I liked action. But I spent a lot of time thinking about things. I’d imagine all kinds of situations and how I would handle them”
22. “I like people who level with me and speak their minds. I always say exactly what I think; it’s a trait that’s gotten me in trouble plenty of times, but I never have problems getting to sleep at night with a guilty conscience. That’s why I could never be a politician”
23. “My way of fighting the competition is the positive approach. Stress your own strengths, emphasize quality, service, cleanliness and value, and the competition will wear itself out trying to keep up”
24. “You’re only as good as the people you hire”
25. “Look after the customers and the business will take care of itself”
26. “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves”
27. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get”
28. “I became a real entrepreneur, crazy enough to take the risk of losing everything”
29. “The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed”
30. “We take the hamburger business more seriously than anyone else.”
Ray Kroc is often mistaken as the founder of McDonald’s;
Ray Kroc was actually the former CEO of McDonald’s, and helped build the company into what it is today. The most successful fast food company of all time, with so many locations across the globe, it’s not exactly hard to find one.
A big part of what makes a great entrepreneur is vision—being able to see what others can’t, especially when it comes to your product or service. Vision was the difference between the McDonald brothers and Ray Kroc. By 1954, Richard and Maurice McDonald had opened a successful hamburger shop, and began franchising the idea to a few other small businessmen, one of whom was Mr. Kroc. The brothers were content with keeping the chain small, which frustrated Ray, who envisioned hamburger shops around the country. So Mr. Kroc bought the business from the McDonald brothers, standardized operations, and began to expand around the world, realizing his vision in ways even he couldn’t imagine in 1954.
Ray Kroc Quotes on Success, Wealth & Achievement