Self-exclusion in online casinos may seem like a logical step for those who have problems with gambling addiction. However, this solution is not always practical or useful.
Why is self-exclusion in online casinos a bad idea?
A lot of players face the problem of Self Excluded from the casino. In the long run, the situation can lead to online casinos allowing the re-registering of an account with the same data with which the player blocked his access to the site, but at the first win, they find it and cancel the winnings.
As a rule, the verification of the account casino asks only when withdrawing money; that is, there is a situation of a “one-way game.” As long as the player loses, everything is fine, but as soon as he wins and requests a withdrawal, the winnings are canceled, and the player returns the last deposit amount, blocking his account. Even jeetwin password reset can’t help here. It is the situation we would like to talk about in detail:
- what Self Excluding from the casino is,
- why do players close their accounts,
- about the casino’s trickery.
What is Self-Excluding from Casino
According to the regulations and requirements of the European Union, each player potentially having problems with gambling and addiction should be able to set limits on deposits and losses.
In addition, the player can exclude himself from the customer site online casinos by clicking on the appropriate buttons in your profile or by sending a request to customer support. This operation is called Self Excluding and translates as self-excluding.
All licensed casinos are obliged to comply with such requests at the first request of the player. All these restrictions are part of the Responsible Gaming program and aim to prevent problems among players who can not control themselves while gambling (addicts). Undoubtedly, the feature is outstanding and will be helpful for many players, but as we know, only some things are complicated.
Why do players close accounts?
There are many potential reasons why players set deposit and loss limits and close accounts.
- One stage of gambling addiction (addiction to ludomania) is severe disappointment in oneself after a significant loss and a sincere belief that he will not gamble again. At such moments, players usually ask to close their accounts and remove them from the clients of online casinos.
- According to the idea of the function, the player will not have a physical opportunity to register using the same personal data, IP address, and physical address. Bank cards and payment system details are also blocked. In other words, the player will not be able to fund his account at the casino where he ordered Self Excluding (Self Excluding).
Stealth – the key to profit
Unfortunately, it does not always work out how the system is implemented. In the pursuit of profit, online casinos deliberately do not give players the option of self-excluding. Instead, they ask to write a letter to support, which only manages to block the player’s account once he loses it clean. Moreover, even in these situations, casinos often cheat.
To this, the managers replied: “After all, there was no need to verify the account, so we were not sure that this was the right player. The need for verification appears only after a big win. And here is just the opportunity not to pay.
Here are some examples:
- The player requested to block the account at 20 o’clock, after which he continued to gamble in excitement. Let’s say he funded his account with a large sum of money and, without controlling himself, began to place maximum bets on NetEnt video slots. He got lucky and racked up a €100,000 pot in 20 hours and 48 minutes. His account will probably be blocked, his deposit (€10,000) will be returned to his balance, and there will be a letter waiting in his mailbox saying that his Self Excluding request has been executed and all bets in the next 48 minutes (after the letter was sent) are voided.
- Mirror situation: No miracle happened, and the player lost €10,000. In the morning, he has 0 on his balance, his account is blocked, and in the mail is a letter that his request for Self Excluded was executed when the operator processed it. Believe me, that time will very often be a little later than his last bid.
- A player ordered Self-Excluded on the website of an online casino. After the crisis passed, he registered an account with another operator and played without any big winnings. The player makes and loses deposits; the casino is happy with everything. Suppose, one day, the player got lucky and won. The money is ordered for payment. In the morning – blocking the account, returning to the balance of the last deposit, and a letter saying that he called self-exclusion from another casino network. It is a legal reason not to pay. The player has to look for information about which online casinos are combined into which networks. For example, the EveryMatrix platform is used by more than 30 online casinos. If you order Self Excluding at any online casino that uses this platform, you risk not getting your winnings later. In addition, there are still networks that will promote a similar policy.
Consider whether it makes sense if you plan to order Self Excluding from any online casino.
Technically, you give the networks a reason not to pay if you later fall to large winnings. Moreover, it is tough to find clear classification information on the networks. Casinos do not publish lists of those establishments that are part of their network; establishments are bought and sold. That is why you will be in the risk zone.
Choose reliable establishments that will not cheat and do not block your account, but set minimum limits on losses (€ 1 per month). You can raise these limits anytime, but they will not be submitted until five days after the request.