Shiva Yajur Mantra, also famous as Karpur Gauram Karunavtaaram is one of the most famous mantras that any Hindu must have heard. It is an ancient Sanskrit Shloka related to Lord Shiva and a popular aarti in Shaivism. Karpur Gauram Karunaavtaram is an ancient Sanskrit śloka related to Lord Shiva, and a popular aarti in Shaivism. It is found in Yajurveda, one of the four canonical texts of Hinduism, The Vedas.
Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram Lyrics In Hindi | कर्पूर गौरम करूणावतारम
Shiva Yajur Mantra (Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram) is a powerful mantra usually chanted during the time of arati. It is one of the most popular Hindu mantras related to Lord Shiva.
संसारसारम् भुजगेन्द्रहारम् ।
भवं भवानीसहितं नमामि ॥
Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram Lyrics
Karpua Gauram Karuṇavataram
Sansarsaram Bhujagendraharam |
Bhavam Bhavanisahitam Namami ||
Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram Meaning In Hindi
इस मंत्र का अर्थ
इस मंत्र से शिवजी की स्तुति की जाती है। इसका अर्थ इस प्रकार है-
कर्पूरगौरं – कर्पूर के समान गौर वर्ण वाले।
करुणावतारं – करुणा के जो साक्षात् अवतार हैं।
संसारसारं – समस्त सृष्टि के जो सार हैं।
भुजगेंद्रहारम् – इस शब्द का अर्थ है जो सांप को हार के रूप में धारण करते हैं।
सदा वसतं हृदयाविन्दे भवंभावनी सहितं नमामि- इसका अर्थ है कि जो शिव, पार्वती के साथ सदैव मेरे हृदय में निवास करते हैं, उनको मेरा नमन है।
Meaning of Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram Mantra
- karpūragauraṁ – One that is pure and white shining(Gauram) as camphor(Karpur).
- karuṇāvatāraṁ – An incarnation of compassionate avatar/ Personality
- sansārsāram – The one who is the essence of the whole Triloka/ world.
- bhujagendrahāram – Shiva has the serpent king (Nagaraja) as his garland.
- sadāvasantaṁ hṛdayāravinde – Shiva Always resides in the lotus-like heart. He is truly untouched in the heart of his devotees untouched by worldly matters resembling the white lotus blooming in the mud.
- bhavaṁ – To the Lord
- bhavānīsahitaṁ namāmi – Shiva is always with the Goddess Bhavani (A form of Goddess Parvati, Shiva’s consort)
- namāmi – I bow to the Almighty the Hara, the remover of all pains and sorrow, Shiva and Shakti Together.
Chanting Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram Mantra Benefits
It is believed that the chanting Shiva mantra has miraculous benefits. Karpur Gauram is the Shiva mantra that was found in Yajurveda. The benefit of Karpur Gauram Mantra are:
- Daily chanting eliminates the trouble from the paths of Shiva bhaktas
- It helps them deal with every challenging situation in life.
- Chanting the mantra every day helps to improve concentration.
- It assists with the psyche, developing fixation and concentration.
- It assists with adjusting to the Universe and within us.
Lord Shiva is the incarnation of compassion and is easily pleased by the prayers of his devotees. It is believed that you can achieve anything with hard work by chanting the mantra daily.
This mantra is considered among the most powerful mantras of protection; it protects us from negativity, dangers, and enemies. Chanting Shiva’s mantra regularly changes our vibrations and energies both within our body and outside and brings us success and prosperity in all areas of our life.
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Shiva Yajur Mantra
1. How many times is Karpura Gauram Karunavataram chanted?
Karpur Gauram Karunavtaram slokas are usually chanted 11 times during the aarti. While the chanting may differ depending on the nature of the puja or ceremony you’re performing.
2. What is the meaning of Gauram in Shiva Yajur Mantra?
Gauram denotes the pure white luster of camphor in the Karpura Gauram Karunavataram mantra.
3. Which mantra is powerful for Shiva?
Shiva Gayatri Mantra is one of the extremely powerful mantras which not only helps the devotees to align Shiva within them but also attain peace and purity in one’s mind and heart.
4. What are the powerful Shiva Mantras?
Some of the powerful Shiva mantras are Shiva Rudra Mantra, Om Namah Shivaya (Panchakshari Shiva mantra), Shiva Gayatri Mantra, and Ekadasha Shiva Mantras. The other remaining chants are Shiva Dhyaan Mantra and Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.
5. How do we chant Lord Shiva?
One can chant Lord Shiva with pure heart, cleansing their thoughts, and remembering the Almighty early morning or in the evening during puja and aarti.
Lord Shiva Family Images